Mt. Lanaya is located at the municipality of Alegria, Cebu and it is considered one of the most difficult mountains in Cebu. Because of its constant 70 degrees ascent, every hiker will surely sweat a lot and break their legs from their treacherous trek.
How to Get There?
From Cebu City, ride a bus to Alegria at South Bus Terminal. Take a Ceres bus that has a route “Bato via Barili” and tell the conductor that you will be dropping off at Legaspi. It takes around 4-5 hours of bus ride depends on the traffic.
You will be dropped off at the Barangay Hall of Legaspi, Alegria and you will need to register and pay for the necessary fees.
Bus Fare from Cebu City to Alegria – P155/pax non-AC
Guide Fee – P500 per 5 pax
Environmental Fee – P50/pax
Bus Fare from Alegria to Cebu City – P155/pax non-AC
Day 1 –
7:15 AM – ETD to Legaspi
11:25 AM – ETA Legaspi
11:30 AM – Registration and Pay Fees
11:45 AM – Ascend to Campsite
1:00 PM – ETA Legaspi Campsite, Lunch, Pitch Tent
2:00 PM – ETD to Kalo-Kalo Peak
4:00 PM – ETA Kalo-Kalo Peak, chill and picture taking
4:30 PM – Descend back to Campsite
5:30 PM – ETA Campsite
6:00 PM – Sunset, dinner, chill
10:00 PM – Lights Off
Day 2 –
7:00 AM – Wake up call, breakfast, break camp
9:00 AM – Descend to highway
10:00 AM – ETA highway, waiting game for the bus
10:30 AM – ETD Alegria to Cebu City
2:00 PM – ETA Cebu City, Going home
- Contact Legaspi Brgy. Hall and arrange your trek with the officials.
- Prepare for the trek especially when ascending to Kalo-Kalo peak. You can leave your bags at the campsite so that the trek will be easier.
- Wear your most comfortable clothes and use arm sleeves and leg sleeves for protection against scratches from bushes or twigs.
- Bring enough water and/or trail snacks.
- The campsite is open and there are only fewer trees for shade. Hence, it is really hot during the day.
- Leave No Trace
Alex – +63 955 964 4414
Check out my vlog here:
Thanks to Laag Bisaya for letting me hop into this adventure! Check out his site here: https://laagbisaya.info